Steven James Dixon is in possession of the absolute best credential necessary to be successful as a relationship expert: He has actually saved a marriage – his own. There are a couple of principles that Steven developed that assisted him in saving his marriage. These principles address the core issues of most of the marriages that are in trouble today. All marriages can be saved.
1. Divorce Cannot Be An Option – Once a spouse begins to think about divorce the chance of the marriage surviving is slim to none. The human mind cannot contemplate divorce and create resolutions for problems within the marriage at the same time. Divorce will win out. Steven says, “When I am counseling a couple I inform them during the first session that they will not be getting a divorce.”
2. Spousal Priority – There are too many spouses that are in a competition for the love and affection of their better half. Marriage is the most important company, corporation, institution, organization, union or unit there is. Bar none. Nothing else is even close. Steven teaches couples the following relationship hierarchical structure: 1.) God 2.) Spouse 3.) Spouse 4.) Vacant 5.) The rest of the world. Even if you are not a Christian, you get the point. Steven says, “In terms of the importance in my life, nothing comes close to my wife. Her importance in my life is not based on her person. Her importance is based on her title and my vows. I think that I am the only person in the world that feels like this.”
3. Men Have To Lead By Example – Men are not being taught to lead. Women are not being taught to follow. Marriage is on the job training. In many counseling sessions the husband or wife may not get to talk much . . . because they need to be listening and taking notes for the life application quiz. What makes me a relationship expert is that I don’t let couples come into my office and complain to me about their marriage. There is nothing wrong with the institution of marriage. There is something wrong with the husband and/or there is something wrong with the wife. I teach men that the women are watching them. I teach men that if he is a good husband then she will follow his example and be a good wife.
4. Men, You Have To Make Her Smile – This “Smile Theory” is the key to everything. Make her smile. Make her laugh. Make sure that she enjoys life with you. This “Smile Theory” is also known as DoingTheThingsThatYouDidToGetHer.
5. Women, He Has To Have Sex – At the annual “Husbands Who Cheat Caucus” (HWCC) 90% of the men who are currently cheating said that if they were getting the same sex after the wedding date that they were getting before the wedding date that they would not be cheating. The caucus theme is that she should be DoingTheThingsThatSheDidToGetHim. (HWCC location & dates never to be disclosed.)
Steven James Dixon is about saving marriages.
P.S. If your marriage is bad, it’s your fault.
Don’t forget to register for the RelationshipBeast Mailing List.